To all the people who have served in the military and lost their lives, thank you. May you rest in peace.
To all the people who have served or are serving in the military and have risked their lives, thank you.
To all the people who have perished because of war, whether in innocence or guilt, may God have mercy on your souls, and may you, too, rest in peace.
Also, a blog:
Memorial Day has a certain set of flavors to it, if you really think about it; we’re interested in hamburgers, hot dogs, and watermelon. Yes, I said watermelon.
Of course, by now you should know that Beaux here doesn’t eat hamburgers, hot dogs, and that he has a love-hate relationship with watermelon. The love-hate relationship means that I hate watermelon 95% of the time but like it the other 5%.
I’m not sure why I don’t like watermelon, but I seem to be one of the only people in the world who despises it. I think of watermelon as being disappointing; it’s almost like eating ice or a slushy or something. Good grief, a slushy is actually more substantial than watermelon, and it doesn’t have all those nasty seeds in it.
I prefer cantaloupe and honeydew, but that’s just me. Other melons have almost always been good to me. There I go, talking like melons and I are in a relationship, and that they “treat me right, like a Beaux should be.”
But I can foresee myself cooking a pizza today. Seriously. I know this may be displeasing to people who believe in hot dogs, but we’ve no vegetarian options currently, and I refuse to drive to Dothan to buy one thing, then drive home again. That’s a waste of money, time, and effort. I guess I could have gone to Publix last Friday night, though, but we’ve obviously been kind of down on the weekly Great Publix Adventure. Maybe I can confine and redefine that for the summer.
Speaking of which, have you been outside lately here in Alabama? Summer’s upon us, and it’s incredibly hot- hot enough that when you first walk outside in the morning, it feels like you’re in a sauna from all the misty humidity. Aiieee!
Luckily, we have the Happy Super Air Conditioner to keep us cool inside the house. And luckily, it doesn’t take much to keep me cool.
All right, folks, go get your nosh on!
- Sweet spicy and refreshing watermelon salsa
- Link Lovin’: Watermelon Basil Salad
- Strawberry-Watermelon Cooler
- Why You Should Eat More Watermelon This Summer
- Chinese farmers show off wild and crazy watermelons
- Grilled Watermelon
- Superb Beauty Food,Stay Hydrated this summer!!
- Memorial Day Recipe- Fruit Flavored Watermelon Stars
- Watermelon Tutorial
- Watermelon and Feta Salad